- Click on the ‘Cookbook’ tab along the top right menu bar
- Then click 'Create a Recipe'
- Fill in the ‘Recipe Title’ (1) and add a short ‘Description’ (2)
- Enter an ingredient into the ‘Name’ box (3) and select your ingredient from the popup menu that appears, which shows all the ingredients in the Meal Garden database that match what you’ve entered
Please Note: if the ingredient you are looking for isn’t there, enter it anyway and our staff will be notified to correct/add it.
- Enter a number in the ‘Amount’ section (4), and then a measurement in the ‘Measure’ section (5) and select from the popup menu that appears, which shows all the measurements for the ingredient you entered
Please Note: if a measure is missing, enter it anyway and our staff will be notified to correct it or add it.
PRO TIP: make sure the amounts are accurate because Meal Garden uses this information to calculate nutrition. It also this information to generate a grocery shopping list for any Meal Plan or Recipe Collection in which the recipe is used.
- In the ‘Comment’ section (6), you can add remarks about ingredients if you wish
To the left to each ingredient you will see 3 symbols:
- Clicking 'Prep' will result in an ‘Advanced Preparations:’ step appearing below the ingredient list (7). Enter the ‘Preparation Instructions’ (8) and select how many days in advance the ingredient must/can be prepared (9). If you wish, add the ‘Maximum’ amount of days the ingredients can be prepped in advance (10). Check ‘Optional’ if the prep step is not mandatory (11).
PRO TIP: use this ‘Advanced Preparations’ feature as much as possible because it generates a Prep List for any Meal Plan or Recipe Collection in which the recipe is used.
- Enter the recipe instructions In the ‘Instructions’ section (12). Fill in the number of Servings (13), Preparation Time (14), and Cooking Time (15). Select ‘What kind of dish it is’ (16) and tag it (17) if you wish [#16 and #17 categorize the recipe for searches]. Now, establish the privacy and accessibility settings (18) ['Is public' and 'Is restricted'].
- Upload a picture of the dish in the ‘Upload an Image Now’ area (19). If this recipe is your personal recipe, in the ‘Adapted from’ section fill in your name (20). Otherwise enter the source [cook book, magazine, etc.] that contains the recipe (20). Add additional 'Notes:' (21) if you wish, and click ‘Save Changes’ (22).